Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Retail Therapy

I don't order a lot of things online.  I still prefer the good old fashioned brick and mortar stores.  I like to try things on.  I like to wander.  Heck, I like to get away by myself for an hour or two.  The past month has actually been a bit hard on me.  I'm not what I would call a shopaholic, but I do miss having most of the stores I like to frequent a mere 5-10 minutes away.  So, what is a girl to do?  I clicked on an ad for Mod Cloth yesterday (while checking my email, or facebook, or something, who knows?) and discovered cute accessory heaven.  Okay, they have cute clothes too, but since I enjoy my chocolate, I think their clothes may be a bit too tight for comfort.  But I did order this:

It is the "Sew Charming" necklace.  How cute is that?  I've been looking for a longer necklace to add to my collection and now I am anxiously awaiting its arrival.
I also wanted this:

and this:

I'll get you next time, my pretties.

So, what is your favorite online shop?

6 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Love the sewing necklace!!!! The bags are pretty darn cute too.

Marcia W. said...

The 2 bags shown are awesome, especially the bag with birds.

Cheri C. said...

Cute necklace!! See I finally made it on here and will go and add you to google reader. It's like the telephone #'s of today. Once it goes in, I don't know what blog is what but I enjoy them all the same but I couldn't tell you where to find them (like phone #'s that go in your phone).

Cheri C. said...

Oh, yeah... are you off during shop hop? I usually go the first day and can generally make it through all of them in a day if you want to go with me. I don't think I will do the scenic by way this year as Material Girls is in the shop hop. So, it makes it easy to hit all the shops AND Logan is no longer in there. So, that saves some time. I'll see you in the shop and see if this is an idea for you or not. I know you have kiddies. So, you may not be able to do it all in a day... Anyhow... think about it.

SheilaC said...

That necklace is VERY cute!!

Besides fabric shops, I love Amazon.com because they have everything....
Overstock.com is good too, my kids buy a lot of stuff there.

Zappos.com for shoes.....
SheilaC

Joanne Lendaro said...

cute necklace....