Monday, July 19, 2010

One of those days

Are you aware than many people do not consider molasses as part of a well stocked pantry???  I didn't!  I went to make cookies today, discovered we were out (when did that happen?), and had to pester no less than 6 neighbors before finding some.  Thankfully, neighbor number 6 had molasses and saved the cookie dough from being dumped into the garbage.  Whew!

And then, because I wasn't already whiney about running out of molasses, I did something to my back.  I can hardly move.  *poor me*

So, while I am on the couch feeling sorry for myself, Lorelei starts screaming upstairs.  I finally coax her downstairs (there is no way I can climb those stairs right now) and discover that she has fallen and needs to go to the doctor to get a few stitches.  Luckily, we were able to get her right in and ended up only being at the doctor's for about 30 minutes from start to finish.  Yea!  And then we headed over to the market to get a treat for Lorelei (stitches deserve sugar) and molasses to take back over to neighbor number 6.

I'm done whining.  I'm going to bed.  Have a good night all!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Oh I hope today will be a better day and you are all feeling better

Quilts and Cats said...

It sounds to me that you're entitled to a little whining! Sounds like a lousy day...and then to hurt your back is really awful. As for the molasses: that could have been a sticky situation!! Today can only be better.

Utah Mom said...

My neighbor just asked me if I had some molasses the other day too. I guess I better get some.