Monday, March 1, 2010

My little domestic diva

Lorelei went to her first quilt guild meeting for kids last month.  The members range from ages 6-16.  The woman who runs it, Roxie, is amazing with the kids.  And generous.  What a fabulous thing for our little girls to be able to do.  At last month's meeting, the girls learned to make yo-yos and will be doing something with them in March.  Lorelei is threatening to use up all of my stash making yo-yos now.  Any new member were also given the assignment of making themselves a name tag by the next meeting.
sewing the pinwheel together



putting on the borders...I love how serious she looks



straight-ish-line quilting



very proud girl



the finished product...not bad for her first time, eh?  Now she just needs to bind it.

And I know I have promised to announce the winners....stay tuned later this afternoon.  I am ALMOST done counting everything up!

13 comments:

Jane said...

And a very proud mummy too, no doubt. She has done a beautiful job and I am sure she will progress well with all the encouragement she will get

Quiltpiecer said...

Isn't she so cute! I think it's wonderful ... a new generation of quilters! I wish my granddaughters lived nearby so I could teach them quilting... She's done a fabulous job!

Nima said...

oh...that's so sweet....glad to see that she is so much intrested in sewing and quilting

allsewnup said...

WOW!!! That is one incredible piece of art Lorelei! Way to go!!

Carolyn

stitchersanon said...

Wow..can she come and give me lessons pretty please?

Cindy said...

How adorable. How old is Lorelei?

I have been showing our granddaughter how to sew and she is as serious looking at the machine as Lorelei looks.

Katie, Granddaughter, is 5 but has her 6th birthday in May. She LOVES to sit, sew and learn.

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Oh it makes my heart smile to see that another quilter is born! How lucky you guys are to have a quilt guild for the younger girls.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That is so special! I wish my daughter had that opportunity. Little Lorelei will have a hobby/past time/passion for life!!

Mary said...

What an adorable pinwheel she made, and how fun that you can share your passion with your daughter!

Kim D. said...

That's fantastic, I learned to sew when I was 8 yrs old. Looks like you have another little quilter in the family.

Jandi said...

Cindy- she just turned 8 on Friday.

We are very lucky (and thankful!) to have something like this for her to join.

Ida13 said...

She is a very talented little lady!

Colleen said...

So cute! She is looking so big!