Thursday, April 8, 2010

It's a small, small world

I am always astounded by how much information, ideas, and great people I can find out in blogland.  A friend and I were discussing all of the great tutorials we find online and I have to admit that she shocked me.  She said she hates that she always finds projects that she wants to do but the blog is written by someone in German, or Japanese, or French.
Ummm.....what's the problem?  Come to find out my friend didn't know about a little tool called Google Translate.  So, I thought I would share it with all of you just incase there is someone else out there unaware of this little gem.  Simply type in the web address of the site, choose your language, choose the language the website is in, and voila!  It is completely readable, even to those of us who only remember enough high school French to ask where the bathroom or library is.
If you didn't know about it before, go try it out!  Enjoy!

BTW-

I have been swapping fabrics with bloggers I have met online who reside in Europe.  I love the surprises I find in my mailbox.  And I hope they feel the same way!  If anyone (not in the US) is looking for someone to swap fabrics or patterns with, please email me.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

oh yes please! Fancy a swap with someone from Australia?

Melanie said...

Hi Jandi!
Greetings from Germany, I hope you got the package I send to you? If not I have to send a new one...
Melanie

Needled Mom said...

Oh yes...that translation tool is fabulous.

Lynn said...

Thanks for the translation tip. I had someone leave a comment in Spanish on my blog recently. It took me by surprise. I found a Spanish to English translation site online and was able to get the gist of her comment before publishing it.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I had no idea!! Thanks!