Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Secret Admirer

I remember watching my grandmother unwrap a large pile of presents on Christmas day. Each one was from either Santa or Your Secret Admirer. Why was Santa still brining my grandmother presents? Didn't he know that she was too old? She must still be sending him letters. How else would he know exactly what to get her?

Tonight I got a call from my husband. "I am getting you some things. Do not buy yourself anything this year." I could have acted indignant. Shocked. Hurt. But who am I kidding? Once I was let in on my grandmother's secret, there was no going back. I have added my own twist on things tho. Not only do gifts appear under the tree from Santa but so do gift from my small children. All I can say is this: my kids have fantastic taste. They always know the perfect gift. In a few short years I will have to go back to getting gifts exclusively from Santa once my youngest is old enough to want to pick out his own presents.

This is my dirty little Christmas secret. Please leave a comment and share yours. Or, a comment telling me what a horribly selfish mother I have turned into! Whatever!


5 comments:

♥Duff said...

I think you're fantastic! I think it's a wildly fantastic idea!

**MIGNONNE** said...

That's awesome! I certainly shop for myself but I have never thought of wrapping it LOL!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

You mean everyone doesn't do this? *big grin*

Unknown said...

Thats great! We sometimes think of ourselves. I like your what your doing it amazing. ~~Granite Dining Table

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Where are you, girl? I hope all is well with you. Try to check in, okay?