Sunday, August 1, 2010

Out of this World

It seems like we are always trying to squeeze in too many activities in too little a time slot.  Luckily, Friday managed to be a pretty relaxed day.  I think my family should be thankful for the huge sacrifice I made by pulling myself away from my new machine to join in the fun.  ha!

First was the train ride to Salt Lake City.  It isn't that far, parking isn't that bad, and it is a heck of a lot faster to drive, but Eli is obsessed with trains.  He loved it!  I think we could have ridden the train all day and he would have been thrilled.  Eli literally said "choo-choo" 1-2 times every minute for the 30 minute ride.  Each way.  I thought it would get annoying, but it turns out he is just stinking cute!

We finally made it to our destination: the planetarium.  Lorelei and Eli walked on the moon (but Eli refused to pose for a picture):

There were a lot of neat displays.  I was really impressed by how much there was to see.  Especially when you consider that it is FREE.

We also saw a show in the dome theater.  It was a bit boring.  Okay, really, really boring.  I nearly fell asleep which means it was pretty bad.  I have a hard time sleeping in my bed.  I wonder if I can get the audio track to that to play at night while I am trying to sleep.  It was educational tho.  Next time, we will go in the evening and see one of the laser shows set to music.  I think we and the kids will enjoy it much more!

After lunch and the train ride back, we dropped the kids off with the sitter (she is seriously the best sitter in the entire world-no kidding) and went out.  Hubby and I went to the sewing store to pick up the laser light for my machine (the one that came with it was broken when they delivered it but they got a new one for me the very next day).  Then we went to see Inception at the IMAX theater.  Have you seen it?  I loved it.  I am glad we saw it in the theater.  It was well worth the money.  After the movie we had dinner and then got our butts home.  It was a nice way to spend hubby's last day home.  He's back at work now and I am just going to have to keep myself busy playing with my new toys.

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

They were lucky to be able to pull you away from that new toy. It sounds like you had a fabulous time with the kids and with the hubby!!!