Monday, October 25, 2010

it is an epidemic

It may be time for the EPA to come in and take some action.  Quilting as taken over.  First they took over the beds.  Then they got to the tables.  From there, it was an easy leap for them to cling to the walls.  They just can't be contained in one room.  And now they have infected the children, at least where Lorelei is concerned.

Homework assignment:  Book Report- cut six 8 inch squares, fill with various information, and glue to poster board.  Add 'stitches' with black marker around the squares.

Lorelei:  Wouldn't it be cool if it was a real quilt?

Yes.  Yes, it would be cool.  So that is what we did.  I was in charge of the rotary cutter and iron.  Lorelei did the rest.  I even let her have a go quilting.  (Poor Armando!)  I think she has a promising future!

7 comments:

Utah Mom said...

That is so cool. Where is the picture?

Ducks and Rabbits said...

Love the story! I'd love a photo too - the picture she drew and the quilt would be awesome to see.

Needled Mom said...

Yes....where is the picture???? Great idea to make it "real".

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Great idea!! I agree. I would love to see it!

Babs said...

AWESOME! And, yes, a picture for sure! My almost 5 year old saw a little singer for kids at Michaels and has been talking about it non-stop. I think she'll be infected too - and I love it!

Please post a pic when you can :)

Unknown said...

Great article! Interesting to read. Where are the pictures. We own a Wall Mirrors ecommerce site and are always looking for great content to share and help inspire. Thanks.

Ginger Patches said...

That's awesome! We need a picture :)